About the Leadership Mindset Programme
Dr Fiona Kennedy, NZLI senior leadership facilitator speaks about the Leadership Mindset Programme
The Leadership Mindset Programme develops leadership capacity to support individuals and organisations. That means developing adaptive and agile people able to respond to the complex and dynamic environments that are the norm for today's organisations.
The programme reaches beyond generic skill-sets or competencies, and focuses instead on the interdependent leadership work of connected individuals and groups.
Who participates in the Leadership Mindset Programme?
- Managers and mid-career professionals leading teams, projects or working across networks
- Individuals or small organisational 'clusters' (3-5 people) from diverse corporate and public sectors
- Those ready for a step-change in their career pathways
How do organisations benefit from their managers participation?
Through this programme organisations will benefit from managers and leaders who:
- Think with adaptive and agile mindsets
- Grapple with issues for which there are no easy answers
- Engage proactively in the organisation's strategic objectives
What can you be prepared for?
In the words of one our participants: "Stretch. Confusion. Lightbulb moments. Opportunity. The Leadership Mindset Programme is all these things and more. It is not a place where detailed tool kits are outlined, along with a list of tick-boxes and step-plans for success - It is a place where your thinking is challenged to the extreme, and the standard beliefs of leadership suddenly appear flawed and entirely ineffective."
What is the format the programme?
The programme is comprised of three two-day non-residential workshops spread over several months. This format supports participants to:
- Recognise common assumptions about leadership and management
- Build new leadership mindsets and practices with experienced facilitators, programme peers and guest speakers in interactive sessions
- Practise and embed new learning in their own organisations throughout the programme
- Sustain new leadership practices beyond the duration of the programme
Workshop OneIdentifying the work of leadership
Workshop TwoDoing the work of leadership
Workshop ThreeSustaining the work of leadership
The Leadership Mindset Programme may be an ideal option for your team, organisation or sector when you have between 8 to 25 of your people ready to expand their shared leadership work to meet your strategic goals.