Out and About
In this expansive leadership domain, we certainly know we are not the only players. We need a whole lot of people tackling what leadership is and how to grow it in a range of different ways. Having the opportunity to contribute to some of these other endeavours is an important part of us walking our talk.
Executive Safety Leadership Course - Business Leaders' Health & Safety Forum
The New Zealand Leadership Institute is proud to partner with the Business Leaders’ Health & Safety Forum to deliver a unique programme that has been designed to assist chief executives become world-class safety leaders.
The programme was built using the latest thinking on leadership development and with input from current Forum members. It helps chief executives understand and build the right mindsets to become world-class safety leaders. Building the right leadership mindset is crucial because mindsets drive a CEO’s actions and behaviours.
Dr Lester Levy, Director of the New Zealand Leadership Institute, leads the course and is supported by Dr Brigid Carroll, Research Director, and Joline Francoeur, Leadership Development Director.
BEST Leadership Academy Programme
The Best Pasifika Leadership Academy Pasifika Leadership Programme aimed at building a large and sustainable pipeline of Pasifika leadership throughout New Zealand’s public, private and not-for-profit organisations. NZLI has proudly supported this programme and delivered components of the leadership development.
Future Auckland Leaders Programme - Committee for Auckland
The Future Auckland Leaders Programme taps into the energy and insight of the city's emerging leaders, cultivating their passion for Auckland and helping channel it into city-enhancing projects. The NZLI team continues to be involved in providing aspects of this programme over a number of years.
Dr Lester Levy
Member of Sir Peter Blake Leadership Awards Selection Panel
Every year NZLI is asked to talk about our leadership ideas and research at a wide variety of events. Here are some of the places we have contributed to in past.
- Asia Pacific Regional for Organisation Studies (APROS) conference, Panelist
- Association of Cambridge Schools in New Zealand Conference, Panellist
- Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management Doctoral Workshop, Seminar Leader
- Department of Labour Immigration Service, Facilitator
- International Leadership Association Strategic Planning Retreat (USA), Facilitator
- Fonterra, Workshop Presenter
- Gallaghers Group, Workshop Presenter
- Leadership Week Forum, Chair of Panel Discussion
- Papakura District Council, Speaker
- Royal New Zealand Defence Force, Keynote Address
- University of Auckland 2011 Winter Lecture Series: Rugby, Leadership & Culture, Presenter
- University of Auckland student groups SPARK and Chiasma, Workshop facilitator
- University of Sydney Global MBA Dinner, Speaker